Monday, August 8, 2011

R.I.P.

Rest In Peace, friends.

Sadly, we have lost so many amazing dogs in the past few months. My heart breaks a little each time, and this past week I thought maybe I shouldn't even get to know dogs anymore- it hurts so bad when they die.

But I know I can't stop, so I need to honor each of these amazing dogs as best I can.

Bee Bee was a Pomeranian. When I first met him, I felt like he hated me. He bit me several times, but fortunately he was already so old that his bark really was worse than his bite! He had severe back problems, so his biting was probably an attempt to protect himself from pain. After maybe ten visits, he finally got used to me and allowed me to put his leash on without protective gloves! After a couple years, he warmed up to me to the point that he would let me pet him any time, and often he'd try to cuddle up to me when I sat on the floor. I grew to love him very much, though he was the slowest dog to walk!

What a sweetie:

Alice also passed away this summer. I'm so glad I had a chance to spend time with her a few weeks before she died. She and her little beagle sister Deedee were the closest friends I've ever seen. They would wrestle in bed for hours! Alice was very smart and loyal, and almost never needed a leash.

I'll miss her tons. So will my Maxxie, with whom she and Deedee spent many days running in the woods. Check out a close-up of Alice's amazing underbite!
One more of Alice, contemplating the wonders of nature:
R.I.P. 2 in my next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment